What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is the principal strength and conditioning program for many police academies and tactical operations teams, military special operations units, champion martial artists, and hundreds of other elite and professional athletes worldwide.
Our program delivers a fitness that is, by design, broad, general, and inclusive. Our specialty is not specializing. Combat, survival, many sports, and life reward this kind of fitness and, on average, punish the specialist.
MEMBER SPOTLIGHT: Matt
1. What is your occupation?
7th grade Science Teacher at CJHS
2. What is your favorite thing to eat?
BBQ Pork Steak, Hash Brown Casserole, and Baked Beans.
3. How long have you been at Muddy?
I started at Muddy right before the 2014 Open, so just over 3 years.
4. Has your life changed since you have been at Muddy?
Even though I played sports in school I never really considered myself an athlete. Through my CrossFit training at Muddy I have seen what I am capable of, and how far I can push myself. Now, I love the training and competing. Muddy helped me become an athlete and helped to make the CrossFit Regionals my goal.
5. If you could pick one workout for the Open what would it be?
I love long grinding workouts. Unfortunately, the open is all about shorter workouts, but if I could choose I’d pick Hollyman.
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
I have always wanted to visit New Zealand or Samoa . Any Pacific island, really.
7. What is your favorite line of fitness apparel?
If I could afford it, I would buy straight from Reebok for my workout gear.
8. Word of advice for someone debating on joining Muddy Water CrossFit?
You don’t need to be in shape to start. Give it a shot and see why we all can’t stop talking about it.