CrossFit Kids Info and Pricing
What is CrossFit Kids?
Using activities that kids/teens naturally enjoy, CrossFit Kids provides a fitness program that is safe, fun and energetic. The program uses a combination of skill practice, workouts and games to build strength and conditioning in kids/teens. With a focus on improving the quality of life for our members, our goal is to help children/teens become the best possible version of themselves while building a strong athletic foundation. We are committed to teaching children to become successful leaders while also promoting the importance of health and fitness in a safe and positive learning environment.
CrossFit Kids make fitness FUN. Kids and Teens have a great opportunity to maximize their physical skills when exposed to this stimulus during years of peak development. The elements are combined to keep children engaged and entertained, while teaching them proper movement mechanics.
Our workouts will increase physical competence in 10 General Physical Skills: Cardiovascular and Respiratory Endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance, and Accuracy. Every single workout is scalable, so the benefits of the program can be seen from a kid who is sedentary, all the way up to a young accomplished athlete. No two workouts are the same, so kids and teens never get bored and the novelty of each workout keeps them excited about participating.
Target Age Group:
Age group: 9-15
If the coach feels the athlete is mentally and physically developed, teens will be allowed to participate in adult classes if invited by CrossFit Kids coach.
Current Muddy Water Parents/Members:
$40 per month 1x per week
$60 per month 2x per week
$70 per month for 2 kids 1x per week
$100 per month for 2 kids 2x per week (Brother/sister etc.)
Non Muddy Water Parents:
$50 per month 1x per week
$70 per month 2x per week
$90 per month for 2 kids 1x per week
$120 per month for 2 kids 2x per week (Brother/sister etc.)
Thursday & Friday at 5pm
Classes include elements of gymnastics, weight lifting, body weight movements, running, jump roping, and more. CrossFit Kids specifically teaches kids the 10 General Physical Skills. These skills are the base for any sport or discipline your child may pursue. Improvement in each of these physical capacities will directly lead to your child having an increased ability to learn and succeed in other sports.
The 10 General Physical Skills
- Cardiovascular Endurance – Can you get enough oxygen to your body?
- Stamina – Can you get enough energy to your muscles?
- Strength – How much can you lift?
- Flexibility – Can you touch your toes?
- Power – How much work can you do in the least amount of time?
- Speed – How fast can you go?
- Coordination – Can you pat your head and rub your stomach?
- Accuracy – Can you kick a soccer ball into the net?
- Agility – How quickly can you change direction?
- Balance – Can you stand on one foot? With your eyes shut?
While all 10 general physicals skills are important; coordination, agility, balance and accuracy are four general physical skills that are improved through practice which results in changes in the nervous system. The benefit of training in these areas is an increased ability to control one’s body. Muscle memory, achieved through repetition of movement, is a predominate feature of this type of training, as the demands for increased neuromuscular control contribute to positive adaptations. We seek to develop body control early in life, thereby preparing our children for the challenges they will face in sport, play and work.
We are committed to promoting teamwork, encouragement, and determination for kids and young adults of all ages!
What to expect in class:
- Daily Warm up: Increases heart rate and incorporates dynamic stretches
- Skill focus: May vary sometimes depending upon age level and ability to learn
- Workout of the Day: All workouts differ from each other varying in movements, time domains, and repetitions (Teens and Pre-Teens have different workouts)
- Game: While kids learn from positive activity some days, will conclude on a high note by playing an engaging fitness game.
Expectations of Kids/Teens:
- Come ready to learn.
- Come ready to listen.
- Come ready to have FUN.
- Positive attitudes only =)
Expectations of Parents:
- Please come inside the gym to drop your child off before class and pick your child up from class.
- Please keep the kids off the main floor until the coach has instructed them as there may be other classes going on.
- Your child should be dressed appropriately.
- Make sure your child has a water bottle.
- Parents are welcome to stay and watch the class and I encourage you to but NO COACHING ALLOWED! Once the child is dropped off please let the coach do their job. The goal is to teach kids to become independent learners and to achieve new things on their own.
- Alert the coach to any special needs your child may have (medications, illness, physical or mental limitations, injury, sports, etc.) to so that we can ensure their individual safety, learning, and growth.
Contact Coach Coco for more information regarding CrossFit Kids program.
Email: bollig.n@gmail. Phone #: (573)979-3608